Medical Assistant Training Program: What To Look For Not every medical assistant training program is created equal. So if you are shopping around for a medical assistant training program, it is a good idea to do some research first. But…
Train With Lamson To Become An Optometric Assistant or Optical Assistant San Antonio
Optometric Assistants works alongside optometrists (or eye doctor). Common Optical Assistants duties include assisting with vision tests, teaching patients how to use and care for contact lenses, greeting patients, answering phone calls, handling and responding to correspondence, maintaining patient records, and scheduling patient appointments.
The Workforce: As a graduate from our Optical/Optometric Assistant program, you may work in an optometrist’s private practice, a vision care clinic, or another eye care facility.
Job Opportunities: As a graduate from our program you will be prepared for entry-level employment as Optical Assistant, Optometric Assistant, Optical Laboratory Technician, or Optical Sales Representative.
Applied Skills: As a graduate from our program you will have learned how to test patients for visual acuity, depth perception, as well as color blindness. Graduates will have also learned how to use precision optical instruments and lens-edging machines. Our program includes an externship in a medical or retail facility.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Lamson Institute “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Lamson Institute Advantages: Why Choose Us
- Fast – we empower students to graduate in a short amount of time, which saves students both time and money
- Focused – we only deliver the most industry relevant hands-on courses and skills to our students
- High Growth – we offer programs in some of the fastest growing fields out there
- Friendly – we welcome students into a caring and supportive learning environment
- Community – we foster a family-like atmosphere in order to ensure that each student is a valued member of a tightly-knit community of supportive teachers, career counselors, and fellow students
- Validation – we are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC); the ACCSC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency
- Real World Experience – Students receive the real world, hands-on experience they need by completing an externship in the local community
- Financial Aid – financial aid is available to those who qualify for student loans, grants, or both
Who We Are
Lamson Institute has offered hands-on training in a variety of career fields since 2007. We pride ourself on giving students a comprehensive career-oriented education by a highly experienced faculty. With the training you receive from Lamson, you will be well qualified to apply for an entry-level position in your chosen career path.
Contact us today for more information about Lamson career training.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please Click Here.