San Antonio HVAC Training
Commercial Refrigeration, Heating, and Air Conditioning in San Antonio
HVAC Training at Lamson
EPA Certification by ESCO
Master the skills you need before beginning your first job.
HVAC requires skilled technicians capable and knowledgeable of many trades; Lamson’s program teaches more than just an introduction to HVAC technology
Hands-on, practical training teaches:
- Electrical theory and controls
- Basic plumbing
- Welding and soldering using oxy acetylene torches
Learn the knowledge and skills to install, service, and repair:
- Residential air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems
- Commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration systems
- Maintain EPA regulations when troubleshooting and repairing residential and commercial equipment
Get industry-recognized certifications
Lamson graduates are prepared to test for:
- ESCO EPA certification
- HVAC Excellence
Why train to be an HVAC/R Technician?
Just like Electricians, HVAC Technicians are in high demand! Because homes and businesses rely on Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems to keep them comfortable, HVAC Technicians are critical and find themselves busy year-round in all parts of the country.
HVAC careers pay well too! Salary can vary widely by region and level of experience, but is generally comparable to an Electricians’ pay.
What does an HVAC Technician do?
HVAC Techs are skilled tradespeople knowledgeable about more than just HVAC technology, and use their knowledge of electricity, plumbing and welding on virtually a daily basis to perform their job duties.
Using these skills, HVAC Technicians manage air temperature and quality through installation, maintenance, inspection, and repair of the systems that control the climate in our homes, buildings, and vehicles.
Skills and responsibilities of HVAC Techs include:
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and circuit repair on residential and light commercial equipment
- Residential and commercial condensing units, compressors and evaporator fan motor replacement
- Installation and repair on residential and commercial gas heating systems
- Service and repair of electric and hydronic heating systems
- Startup of new a/c and heating equipment
- Calculating and measuring airflow on a/c equipment
- Service and repair of ice machines, walk-in coolers/freezers and reach-ins
Where can an HVAC Technician work?
HVAC technicians work in every part of the country! Every vehicle, home and building requires HVAC installation, maintenance, and service.
Graduates of Lamson’s HVAC training program are qualified to work for:
- Air Conditioning/Heating companies
- Mechanical Contractors
- Construction sites
- Server rooms and Data centers
- Private industry
- Major commercial companies
- Office buildings
- Become a Service Manager or own your own business!
What is the job outlook for HVAC Technicians?
HVAC Technicians are in high demand!
- Employment of HVAC Technicians and Installers is expected to increase by an incredible 15% by 2026 (BLS 2017), significantly higher than the average rate of employment growth
- HVAC positions are in demand year-round- HVAC techs keep homes heated in the winters and cool in the summers
- Many currently in the industry are nearing retirement age, which means more job openings in the years to come
- Projected growth of 48,800 additional HVAC positions in the United States in coming years
For more information about the job outlook for HVAC Technicians, visit salary.com, or the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
If you are looking to start a career in the Commercial Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning field, then look no further- Lamson has a tremendous training program and facility to train you for success as an HVAC Technician!
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH LAMSON!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Lamson “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Like Lamson on Facebook!